About King Toronto
Floor plans & price list coming in early 2019! Register today to learn how.
About King Toronto Condos For Sale
【Address】489 to 539 King Street West, Toronto
【Developer】Bjarke-Ingels, Westbank, and Allied Reit
【Approximately 20% Deposit】
【Interim Occupancy Date】2022 - 2023
Own this piece of art and landmark of Toronto! Modelled after a mountain range, the Bjarke-Ingels design features a terraced, pixelated ziggurat with peaks. The inner-courtyard, which basically functions as a valley, would be used as a common space for pedestrians and public events.
- The daring design has been working through a series of changes at the behest of several parties, including the community and the city.
- Surrounding the plaza, King Street West rises as sets of pixels extruded upwards to create space for housing, retail and boutique offices—avoiding the footprints of heritage buildings that already exist on the site.
- Each pixel is set at the size of a room; rotated 45 degrees from the street grid to increase exposure to light and air.
- At the base, pixels lift to provide 24/7 access across the courtyard, while the roof surface is manipulated to allow sunlight to penetrate the entire building, creating space for green terraces attached to each unit.
- The resulting undulating façade is a connective topography—allowing increased circulation through the neighborhood while creating an abundance of green space normally reserved for the suburbs.